Publications & activities
Prof. Pinar Akman (Leeds)
- Pinar Akman 2019. Competition Policy in a Globalized, Digitalized Economy. 3 (Fall) Competition Policy International (CPI) Antitrust Chronicle, 59-65.
- Pinar Akman 2019. Online Platforms, Agency, and Competition Law: Mind the Gap. Fordham International Law Journal 43(2), pp. 209-319.
- Pinar Akman 2019. Competition Policy in a Globalized, Digitalized Economy World Economic Forum, White Paper, Cologny, Switzerland: World Economic Forum.
- Pinar Akman 2019. An Agenda for Competition Law and Policy in the Digital Economy. Journal of European Competition Law & Practice 10(10), pp. 589-590.
- Moderator Roundtable on Consumers’ Data Rights & Competition Policy at Competition Law & Economics Roundtables, OECD & CPI, Paris on 27 February 2020.
- Invited Speaker, ‘Digitalization and Competition Law and Policy’, Istanbul Competition Forum, Istanbul, 25 November 2019.
- Training, ‘Case Studies on Microsoft and Intel’, European Union Support to the Competition Agency of Georgia: Training for Judges in Competition Law, Kakheti, Georgia, 9 November 2019.
- Invited Panellist, ‘Outdated Antitrust Control? The EU’s Response to Leverage of Market Power and Exclusionary Abuses’, European Data Summit, Konrad Adenauer Foundation, Berlin, 24 October 2019.
- Invited Panellist, ‘Digital Platforms, Data, Innovation, and Market power’, 2nd Annual Global Competition Review Live IP, Antitrust & Innovation, Brussels, 8 October 2019.
- Invited Panellist, ‘Artificial Intelligence and Ethics’, AI Tech North 2019, Leeds, 20 July 2019.
- Invited Panellist, ‘Competition and Consumer Protection Policies in the Digital Era – Need for a Paradigm Shift?’ Tenth Meeting of the UNCTAD Research Partnership Platform, United Nations, Geneva, 10 July 2019.
- Invited Speaker, ‘Competition Policy in a Globalized, Digitalized Economy’, Workshop on Digitalization and International Economic Policy: Tax, Competition, Trade and Investment, World Economic Forum, Geneva, 8 July 2019.
- Seminar, ‘Online Platforms, Agency, and Competition Law: Mind the Gap’, Centre for Competition Policy, University of East Anglia, Norwich, 31 January 2020.
- TILEC Seminar presentation ‘Online Platforms, Agency, and Competition Law: Mind the Gap?’, Tilburg University, 30 October 2019.
- Invited Plenary Speaker, ‘Central Questions about the Implementation, Application and Practice of Law’, 110th Annual Conference of the Society of Legal Scholars, University of Central Lancashire, Preston, 4 September 2019.
Dr Ittai Bar Siman Tov (BIU)
- Ittai Bar-Siman-Tov, Olivier Rozenberg, Cyril Benoît, Israel Waismel-Manor, Asaf Levanon & Gal Ifergane 2022. ‘Should I Stay (Open) or Should I Close? World Legislatures during the First Wave of COVID-19’. Political Studies (forthcoming 2022), Available at SSRN: https://ssrn.com/abstract=4055128.
- Ittai Bar-Siman-Tov 2020. Comparative Multidisciplinary Perspectives on Omnibus Legislation, available here: https://link.springer.com/book/10.1007/978-3-030-72748-2#toc.
- Israel Waismel-Manor, Ittai Bar-Siman-Tov, Olivier Rozenberg, Asaf Levanon, Cyril Benoît & Gal Ifergane 2020. Covid-19 and legislative activity: A cross-national study, available here: https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=3641824.
- Ittai Bar-Siman-Tov 2020. Beyond Neglect and Disrespect: Legislatures in Legal Scholarship, in: Handbook of Parliamentary Studies: Interdisciplinary Approaches to Legislatures 141 (Cyril Benoît & Olivier Rozenberg, eds, 2020), available here: https://ssrn.com/abstract=3494920.
- Israel Waismel-Manor, Ittai Bar-Siman-Tov, Oliver Rozenberg, Asaf Levanon, Cyril Benoît & Gal Ifergane 2020. Covid-19 and Legislative Activity: A Cross-National Study, 2020, available here: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/342514148_Covid-19_and_Legislative_Activity_A_Cross-National_Study.
- David Sarne, Jonathan Schler, Alon Singer, Ayelet Sela & Ittai Bar Siman Tov 2019. Unsupervised Topic Extraction from Privacy Policies, in: Companion Proceedings of the 2019 World Wide Web Conference (WWW’19 Companion), May 13–17, 2019, San Francisco, CA, USA. ACM, New York, NY, USA, pp. 563-568, available here: https://doi.org/10.1145/3308560.3317585.
- Presented at the: ‘International Webinar on Where Experimentation meets Emerging Tech’. Organized by Open Loops and Demos Helsinki (February 2022).
- Presentation at the: ‘International Conference on Crowdsourcing and the Decline of the Individual’, College of Law & Business (January 2022).
- Organized conference: ‘Data-based Policy-Making’, Faculty of Law at Bar-Ilan University (November 2021).
- Organized conference: ‘Data Science Institute Annual Meeting’, Bar-Ilan University (October 2021).
- Presented at the: ‘Annual Conference of the American Political Science Assosiation’ (September 2021).
- ‘International Conference on Digital Governance during Covid-19’, Faculty of Law at Bar-Ilan University (February 2021).
- ‘Should I stay (open) or should I close? World legislatures during the first wave of Covid19’, Legislatures and Legislation during Covid-19, Faculty of Law at Bar-Ilan University (January 2021).
- ‘Topic Modeling of Mobile App Privacy Policies: Improving Regulation with Unsupervised AI Tools’, Law and Technology Workshop, Haifa University (14 May 2020).
- ‘Topic Modeling of Mobile App Privacy Policies: Improving Regulation with Unsupervised AI Tools’, Privacy, Cyber and Technology Workshop, Tel Aviv University (13 May 2020).
- ‘Election Law in the Digital Age’, Faculty of Law at Bar-Ilan University (1 January 2020).
- ‘Using Data Science to Study the Impact of Judicial Review on Legislative Behavior’, presentation at and organisation of International Conference on ‘Law, Artificial Intelligence and Data Science: Challenges and Opportunities’ – Launching the BIU LawData Lab, Faculty of Law at Bar-Ilan University (17-19 December 2019).
Grants and Awards
- Rector’s Prize for Scientific Innovation (2022).
- Research grant for “Developing Hebrew Legal and Legislative NLP Tools: Focus on Detection of Contextual Anomalies” (with Inbal Yahav), from the Israel Ministry of Science and Technology (2022-25).
- Research grant for “Language-portable NLP Infrastructure, Applied to Hebrew” (with Reut Tsarfaty, Yoav Goldberg, Ido Dagan, Dana Atzil, Yogev Kivity), from the Israel Council for Higher Education (2021-23).
- Research grant for “The Effects of Covid-19 on the Functioning of Parliaments: A Comparison of France, Germany, Ireland and Israel” (with Thomas Saalfeld & Olivier Rozenberg), from Volkwagen Stiftung (2021-22).
Prof. Klaus Heine (EUR)
- Klaus Heine et al. 2022. Mit KI den nachhaltigen Wandel gestalten: Zur strategischen Verknüpfung van Künstlicher Intelligenz und Nachhaltigkeitszielen, Platform Lernende Systeme.
- Klaus Heine & Ursula Alexandra Ohlinger 2022. Lobbying und Soziale Medien: Wissenschaftskommunikation als Anwendungsfall, Handbuch Lobbyismus, pp. 1-23.
- Klaus Heine, Evert Stamhuis, Kostina Prifti 2022. Digging into the Accountability Gap: Operator’s Civil Liability in Healthcare AI-systems, Law and Artificial Intelligence: Regulating AI and Applying AI in Legal Practice, pp. 279-295.
- Klaus Heine, Jessica Heesen, Jörn Müller-Quade et al 2021. Kritikalität von KI-Systemen in ihren jeweiligen Anwendungskontexten; White Paper: AG IT-Sicherheit, Privacy, Recht und Ethik; Plattform Lernende Systeme.
- Klaus Heine, Rik Wehrens, Sydney Howe, Esra Demir, Kostina Prifti, Evert Stamhuis 2021. AI en morele oordeelsvorming: van principes naar het vormgeven van ethische AI-praktijken, Podium, Vol. 28(3), pp. 25-31.
- Klaus Heine and Evert Stamhuis 2020. Reply to Consultation – Commission White Paper “Artificial Intelligence – A European Approach”.
- Klaus Heine 2020. Potenziale und Herausforderungen einer europäischen KI-Strategie, in: Lernende Systeme – Die Plattform für Künstliche Intelligenz (ed.), Künstliche Intelligenz zum Nutzen der Gesellschaft gestalten, München, 2020, pp. 56-59.
- Klaus Heine 2019. Künstliche Intelligenz und Recht, KI und der Mensch. Trendreport; Handbuch KI (Open Content), Kapitel II, November 2019.
- Klaus Heine 2019. KI und Recht: Neue Formen der Data Governance. Handelsblatt Journal, October 2019.
- Klaus Heine and Shu Li 2019. What Shall we do with the Drunken Sailor? Product Safety in the Aftermath of 3D Printing. European Journal of Risk Regulation, Vol. 10(1), pp. 23-40.
Presentations and guest lectures
- On March 17 2022, Professor Klaus Heine gave a lecture at the University of Groningen. The lecture focused on 3D printing as an example of disruptive digital technologies and the non-applicability of incumbent product liability law.
- On 28 January 2022, The consortium ‘Artificial Intelligence for Multi-Agency Public Safety Issues’, with Professor Klaus Heine as co-applicant, received a prestigious EUR 2 million grant from the Netherlands research council (NWO), for research on artificial intelligence, human values and public safety.
- On December 3 2021, Professor Klaus Heine organized the bi-annual workshop: ‘On the crossroads of law and economics: crime and computational methods.’
- On October 28 2021, Professor Klaus Heine presented opening remarks on ‘The Challenges of AI for Human Rights Research.’ at the hybrid workshop ‘Artificial Intelligence & Human rights: Friend of foe?‘ at the Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- On October 5 2021, Professor Klaus Heine gave a presentation on ‘Smart Products or Smart Slaves?‘ in the conference ‘Economic and Legal Challenges in the Advent of Smart Products.’ Organized by the University of Bielefeld.
- On September 15 2021, Professor Klaus Heine took part in an expert panel on “legal personality of AI” at the AI-Mellontology e-Symposium 2021, organized by AI4media, ELISE and AIDA.
- On March 12 2021, Professor Klaus Heine gave a lecture at the University of Groningen. The lecture focused on 3D printing as an example of disruptive digital technologies and the non-applicability of incumbent product liability law.
- Data Democracy – How to readjust power in the digital age, presentation at the 2020 Handelsblatt KI Summit, 30.9.20.
- Prof. Klaus Heine gave the master course Digital Governance at ESL, together with Evert Stamhuis.
- On 8 July 2020, Klaus Heine gave a lecture on Artificial Intelligence and Legal Personality at the Erasmus Data Summit ‘Impact of AI on Society’.
- On 25 February 2020, Klaus Heine gave a lecture at the University of Groningen. The lecture focussed on 3D printing as an example of disruptive digital technologies and the non-applicability of incumbent product liability law.
- On 12 February 2020, Klaus Heine gave a presentation on ‘Legal Consequences of Digitalisation’ in the panel ‘ Digitalisation and Society’ at the occasion of the workshop ‘Technical University Delft meets Erasmus University Rotterdam’.
- On 19 November 2019, Klaus Heine took part in an expert panel at the occasion of the European Commission’s celebration of ‘30 years of Jean Monnet Activities: EU Studies in the digital age’ which took place in Brussels.
- On 11 November 2019, Klaus Heine gave a seminar presenting his research on artificial intelligence, big data, legal personality, technological disruption and the law as visiting professor at the Centre for Business Law and Practice (CBLP) at the University of Leeds.
- On 31 October 2019, Klaus Heine took part in Perfect Match – A Flirt with Science at the FUTURIUM in Berlin. He debated with the public about new ways of regulating AI.
- On 29-31 August 2019, Klaus Heine and PhD-candidate Shu Li visited the World Artificial Intelligence Conference in Shanghai. The WAIC is the most authoritative conference on AI and Big Data in the world. Klaus Heine gave a keynote in the WAIC’s Legal Forum. The topic of his keynote was “The Quest for Data Governance”.
- On 30 August 2019, Klaus Heine was invited to present and to discuss his research in a seminar at KoGuan School of Law, Shanghai Jiao Tong University; invited by Professor Ji Weidong, President of the China Institute for Socio-Legal Studies. The seminar gave the participants the opportunity to have an in-depth discussion about the future governance of AI and Big Data.
Prof. Oren Perez (BIU)
- Oren Perez 2022. Transnational networked authority (February 28, 2022). Leiden journal of international law, 1-29. Available here.
- Oren Perez and Yotam Kaplan 2021. Tort as Meta-Regulation: The Liability of Private Transnational Regulators (May 7, 2021). University of Pennsylvania Journal of International Law, Vol. 43, No. 1, 2021. Available at SSRN: https://ssrn.com/abstract=3841391.
- Oren Perez 2020. Tolerance of Incoherence in Law, Graded Speech Acts and Illocutionary Pluralism (October 9, 2020). Legal Theory, Bar Ilan University Faculty of Law Research Paper. Available at SSRN: https://ssrn.com/abstract=3707372.
- Oren Perez 2020. Collaborative е-Rulemaking, Democratic Bots, and the Future of Digital Democracy. Digital Government: Research and Practice, February 2020, Article No: 8.
- Yifat Nahmias, Oren Perez, Yotam Shlomo, and Uri Stemmer 2019. Privacy Preserving Social Norm Nudges (4 September 2019). Michigan Telecommunications and Technology Law Review, Vol. 26. Available at SSRN: https://ssrn.com/abstract=3447857.
- Yifat Nahmias, Oren Perez, Yotam Shlomo, and Uri Stemmer, 2019. Privacy Preserving Social Norm Nudges (September 4, 2019). Michigan Telecommunications and Technology Law Review, Vol. 26, 2019. Available at SSRN: https://ssrn.com/abstract=3447857.
- Oren Perez, Reuven Cohen, and Nir Schreiber 2019. Governance through Global Networks and Corporate Signaling (October 13, 2018). Regulation and Governance (2019). Available at SSRN: https://ssrn.com/abstract=3265793.
- Oren Perez, Judit Bar-Ilan, Reuven Cohen, and Nir Schreiber 2019. The Network of Law Reviews: Citation Cartels, Scientific Communities, and Journal Rankings (August 31, 2018). 82 Modern Law Review, pp. 240-268, 2019. Available at SSRN: https://ssrn.com/abstract=3242052.
Dr Ayelet Sela (BIU)
- Ayelet Sela 2021. Diversity by Design: Improving Access to Justice in Online Courts with Adaptive Court Interfaces, Journal of Law & Ethics of Human Rights. Available at SSRN: https://ssrn.com/abstract=3733877.
- Ayelet Sela and Sigal Ressler-Zakai 2020. Court 2.0: Institutionalizing Online Court Proceedings in Israel, 33(2) Bar Ilan Legal Studies [Hebrew]. Available at SSRN: https://ssrn.com/abstract=3481890.
- Ayelet Sela 2019. e-Nudging Justice: The Role of Digital Choice Architecture in Online Courts. Journal of Dispute Resolution, Vol. 2019, Issue 2, pp. 127-163.
- David Sarne, Jonathan Schler, Alon Singer, Ayelet Sela, and Ittai Bar Siman Tov 2019. Unsupervised Topic Extraction from Privacy Policies. Companion Proceedings of The 2019 World Wide Web Conference, pp. 563-568. Available at SSRN: https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=3376558.
Presentations and guest lectures
- “Diversity by Design: Improving Access to Justice in Online Courts with Adaptive Court Interfaces” Autonomy Through Cyberjustice Technology Annual Meeting 2022, University of Montreal, viz Zoom (June 2022)
- “Procedural Justice in Remote Criminal Detention Hearings in Israel: An Empirical Evaluation”, Conference on The Role of Courts and Access to Justice in a Digital Era, Radboud University, The Netherlands (June 2022)
- “Digital Choice Architecture in Online Dispute Resolution: Between Accessibility, Usability and Fairness” Public Policy for Social Change Academic Talks Series, via Zoom (March 2022)
- “Dispute System Design” Israeli Bar Association Section on Dispute Resolution, via Zoom (February 2022)
- “Dispute Resolution in the Digital Age: From e-Commerce to Online Courts” Brookdail Program Bar Ilan University (November 2021)
- “Settlement Promotion through Online Dispute Resolution” Legal Entrepreneurship Center, Tel Aviv University (October 2021)
- “Court 2.0: Online Dispute Resolution, Remote Hearings and Technology in Judicial Proceedings” The Israeli Judicial Training Institute, via Zoom (November 2020)
- “Systematic Court Observations of Remote vs. In-Person Criminal Arrest Hearings in the Tel-Aviv Magistrate Court” Tal Aviv University Faculty of Law Faculty Seminar (05-21).
- “Dispute System Design Assessment: The Potential of Big Data, AI and RCTs“ Stanford Law School Public Policy Lab, via Zoom (4-21).
- “Online Courts and the Future of Justice: A Response to Richard Susskind” Workshop on Digital Governance in the Age of Covid-19” Bar-Ilan University Faculty of Law and DIGOV, via Zoom (02-21).
- “Artificial Intelligence in the Administrative State: Introduction” Bar-Ilan University Faculty of Law, via Zoom (01-21).
- “Disputant Self-Determination and Diversity in Court ODR Interface Design” Law in Cyberspace Conference, Masaryk University (Czech Republic), via zoom (11-20).
- “Dispute System Design Assessment: The Potential of Big Data, AI and RCTs” panel presentation at: “Dispute System Design for the 21st Century” hosted by The National Center for Technology and Dispute Resolution, University of Massachusetts Amherst, via Zoom (07-20).
- “e-Nudging Justice: The Role of Digital Choice Architecture in Online Courts” invited presentation (plenary) at 2020: The Year of Cyberjustice? The Annual Meeting of Autonomy Through Cyberjustice Technologies, Université de Montréal, Canada, via Zoom (06-20).
- Program on Negotiation Working Conference on AI, Technology, and Negotiation, participant, Harvard Law School, via Zoom (05-20).
- ‘Remote Hearings in the Wake of Corona Virus’, Remote Litigation Academia-Judiciary Forum, via Zoom (April 2020).
- ‘Digital Platforms as Regulators: Norm Setting, Dispute Resolution, and Enforcement’, panel presentation at the Conference on Digital Governance, Erasmus University Rotterdam, the Netherlands (January 2020).
- ‘Diversity by Design: Improving Access to Justice in Online Courts with Dynamic Court Interfaces’, paper presentation at the International workshop on Courts and Diversity, College of Law and Business, Ramat Gan, Israel (January 2020).
- ‘Unsupervised Machine Learning of Mobile App Privacy Policies: Topic Extraction Techniques Reveal Content and Structure Patterns’, paper presentation at Law, AI & Data Science: Challenges and Opportunities, Bar Ilan University Faculty of Law (December 2019).
- ‘Online Courts: Setting the Stage’, panel presentation at ‘Courts in the Digital Era’ Seminar, Bar Ilan University Faculty of Law (October 2019).
- ‘From user-friendliness to decision-support: evaluating the effect of digital choice architecture on access to justice in online courts’, ODR Forum 2019, National Center for State Courts, Williamsburg, VA, USA (October 2019).
- ‘Making Sense of Mobile App Privacy Policies: Unsupervised Machine Learning Topic Extraction Techniques Reveal Content and Structure Patterns’, paper presentation at TILTing 2019: ‘Regulating a world in transition’ at Tilburg University, the Netherlands (May 2019).
- ‘Court 2.0: Institutionalizing Online Court Proceedings in Israel’, 5th Annual Meeting of ICON-S (Israel), College of Management, Israel (March 2019).
- ‘The New Courts: Judicial Online Dispute Resolution’, Israeli Ministry of Justice Senior Management Forum, Tel Aviv, Israel (February 2019).
Prof. Evert Stamhuis (EUR)
- Philipsen, S., Stamhuis, E.F. and de Jong, W.M. 2021. Legal enclaves as a test environment for innovative products: Toward legally resilient experimentation policies. Regulation & Governance, 1-16. doi: https://doi.org/10.1111/rego.12375.
- Van Kalken, L. and Stamhuis, E.F. 2020. Digital Equals Public. Assembly Meetings Under a Lockdown Regime. European Journal of Law Reform, 22 (4), 384-397. doi: https://doi.org/10.5553/EJLR/138723702021022004005.
- Heyning, C.M. Van de, Kentgens, A. and Stamhuis, E.F. 2020. Digitale dreigingen, strafrechtelijke antwoorden. Cybercrime en cyberwarfare in het Belgische en Nederlandse strafrecht (Preadviezen NVVS). Nijmegen: Wolf Legal Publishers (Digital Threats, Criminal Law Answers. Cybercrime and Cyberwarfare in Belgian and Dutch Criminal Law).
- Stamhuis, E.F. 2020. Cyberwarfare en actualisering van het normenkader in het staats- en strafrecht. In N.S. Efthymiou, P.W.A. Huisman & L. van Kalken (eds), De vele facetten van het staatsrecht. Opstellen aangeboden aan prof. dr. R. de Lange (pp. 135-151). Nijmegen: Wolf Legal Publishers (Cyberwarfare and the modernization of the normative framework in constitutional and criminal law.
- Evert Stamhuis 2020. Vlug en lenig? De theorie en trade-offs achter innovaties bij de hoven [Quick and agile? Theory and trade-offs behind innovations in appeal courts]. Rechtstreeks 2020, nr. 1, pp. 91-96.
Dr Konstantinos Stylianou (Leeds)
- Konstantinos Stylianou and Marios Lacovides 2022. The Goals of EU Competition Law: A conprehensive Emprical Investigation, Report for the Swedisch Competition Authority, Legal Studies 42.
- Konstantinos Stylianou, Maurice Herlihy, Leonhard Spiegelberg, and Nic Carter 2021. Cryptocurrency Competition and Market Concentration in the Presence of Network Effects. 6 Ledger 81.
- Konstantinos Stylianou and Nic Carter 2020. The Size of the Crypto Economy: Calculating Market Shares of Cryptoassets, Exchanges and Mining Pools. 16 Journal of Competition Law and Economics 511.
- Konstantinos Stylianou 2019. Apple v Pepper: the unintended fallout in Europe. Journal of Antitrust Enforcement 7.3, pp. 457-465.
- Konstantinos Stylianou and Nic Carter 2019. Calculating Cryptoasset Market Shares. Journal of Competition Law and Economics 15.4.
- Konstantinos Stylianou 2019. What can the first blockchain antitrust case teach us about the crypto-economy?. Harvard Journal of Law and Technology Digest.
- Launched new database with EU commission Decisions on competition law: link, 2022.
- Appointed Special Scientific Advisor to the Hellenic Competition Commission, 2021.
- Appointed Non-Governmental Advisor to the International Competition Network, 2021.
- Quote: How to Break Up Google, Business Insider, 19 July 2021.
- Interview: Antitrust Is Back: A Q&A with the Experts, Forbes, 14 December 2020.
- Member of the Advisory Board, The Internet Commission, London, UK, 2020 – present.
- Quote: Coronavirus Crisis Accelerates CBDC Race, Cash No Longer Untouchable, CoinTelegraph, 10 April 2020.
- TV Interview: Press TV, Economic Divide, Episode on ‘Bitcoin’, 19 March 2020.
- Quote: Libra Seen as Threat to National Currency Sovereignty, Pleads With G-7, CoinTelegraph, 19 September 2019.
- Appointed Member of the Lawmaking Commission on the Modernization of Competition Law, Government of the Hellenic Republic, Ministry of Development and Investments, Athens, Greece, 2020 – present.
- Delivered training at the Hellenic Competition Commission as part of their Staff Training Series, Athens, Greece, 14 November 2019.
- Invited speaker 2nd OECD Global Blockchain Policy Forum, Paris, France, 12-13 September 2019.
- Appointed Member of the Editorial Team of Ledger.
- Adjunct Professor, University of Piraeus, Master in Accounting and Finance for lawyers, Athens, Greece, 2022.
- Digital Freedom Fund, Competition Law Speaker Series, 26 November 2020 (online).
- Scottish Competition Forum, “Competition in Digital Markets”, 9 June 2020 (online).
- Institute for Advanced Legal Studies (IALS) 4th Annual Conference, The Future of the Commercial Contract in Scholarship and Law Reform, London, UK, 11 October 2019.
- Appointed Visiting Scientist at the Computer Science Department, Brown University (USA) in 2019.
- Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC), 2021-22: Impact Acceleration Account (IAA) grant to develop an online database of EC decisions on competition law.
- Facebook, 2020-21: Facebook Research Grant on “The Co-Evolution of Facebook’s Content Policies and International Instruments on Freedom of Expression”.
- Swedish Network of European Legal Studies, 2020: Networking Grant on “Competition in Fintech Markets”.